Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Destiny, Loyalty, and Faith: Part 2

I exited my quarters into the hallway of the Kador Family Bureau orbiting Kador Prime. At the end of the hall was a doorway, with a large banner of the Amarr crest on one side, and the Kador Family crest on the other. I had studied here under one of the families personal theologians, Jin Okhansa, before I was old enough to go to The Royal Amarr Institute.

When I entered, Okhansa was standing at the alter in the ceremonial red robes of the Amarr clergy, "I knew you were coming, Prophet. I also know what I need to tell you, even though I don't know what you want to ask."

I knelt before Okhansa, "I do not seek council, M'lord. I am here to profess, in God's house, in your witness that I am prepared to do whatever it takes to serve His will. I am now, and will remain His faithful servant until the end of time. By His light and His will. Amen."

"I know your affirmation of faith pleases the Lord, Prophet. But He has brought you here for me to tell you only one thing... Follow it... Follow it Prophet."

I rose, gave Okhansa a nod of conviction, turned, and walked back down the long corridor to the docking bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment