Monday, April 18, 2011

I Accidentally... All Day

I had a hard time tearing myself away from this game to write the review!
I Accidentally... In Space! Ep. 1 is fantastically fun and Lethal Martini put in a great sense of humor. The concept is super original, mashing together a platformer and a shooter a la Space Invaders.

In “I Accidentally...” you are a space miner out to collect all these gems that have been scattered around due to a mining “accident” and are now being guarded by the aliens who’ve found them first. The aliens hover around near the top of the play area and shoot at you in a familiar style. The twist is that you’re climbing through this level from platform to platform all the while trying to vanquish the waves of aliens and collect your precious gems. There are lots of great powerups to make your mining adventure a little easier, and they always come when you need them most! I thoroughly enjoy the gameplay in “I Accidentally...”

I was a little disappointed in the visuals of the game. The UI does nothing to stand out and most of it is just text on the screen. The backgrounds appear to be photographs which can at times make the screen a little to busy and cause the foreground to get lost. The gameplay tips that pop up in the middle of a level also get lost in the background and I missed what most of them said.
I did like the effects of the bullets and powerups. I also thought the death animation was hilarious!

Tips:
Take advantage of the practice levels even if you have already beaten the level. Try out the more difficult settings. Some of them are really challenging.
Don’t be afraid of a tactical retreat! The impulse may be to keep climbing but there’s a wise proverb that says, “He who climbs fast, doesn’t climb long.” If it starts getting thick, drop down to a safer platform where you have more room to move and take out those aliens.

Conclusion:
Buy this game! The graphical limitations are not enough to keep it from being an awesome fun game that you will lose hours to; And at 80 Points you can't pass it up!

Game Reviewed @ xblaratings.com | I Accidentally… In Space Ep 1 Review

No comments:

Post a Comment